Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tucson & the Sonoran Desert

I've not been as enamored of desert scenery as some, so when I had an opportunity to spend a couple of days in the Phoenix-Tucson area this fall I decided to do a bit of research to see where I might find some interesting photo locations. As it happened, there are many beautiful places where one could spend days taking photos, so the challenge became one of concentrating on just a few. A friend of mine who had gone to college in Tucson suggested the Desert Museum just west of Tucson. I had only a few hours there but could have spent a couple of days there alone had time permitted.


Research on Google also revealed several missions and an interesting neighborhood in Tucson,  the Barrio Viejo ("old quarter.") Photographers frequently share favorite spots on Flickr and Panoramio, and that gave me some good clues. One blog thoughtfully offered a list of recommended shooting locations in the area. Tumacacori Mission, south of Tucson, looked promising. San Xavier del Bac Mission looked even more interesting.

Barrio Viejo



More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment